Alpine Phototile for Instagram - Instagram WordPress Plugin
Below are a number of features that have been suggested and will be implemented as soon as I find the time to do so.
- Add titles and captions
- Thumbnail pagination
The Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin is capable of retrieving photos from a particular Instagram user. The photos can be linked to the your Instagram page, a specific URL, or to a Lightbox slideshow. Also, the Shortcode Generator makes it easy to insert the widget into posts without learning any of the code. This lightweight but powerful widget takes advantage of WordPress’s built in JQuery scripts to create a sleek presentation that I hope you will like.
Instagram WordPress available at WordPress.org.
Features : Instagram WordPress
- One-Click connect. No manual entring access token.
- Unlimited accounts, no limit
- No Shortcode management, create or edit the fly.
- Multiple styles to allow for customization
- Display photos in a sidebar, post, or page
- Lighbox feature for interactive slideshow (Magnific, FancyBox, Colorbox)
- Simple instructions for customizing features
- Widget & shortcode options
- Feed caching/storage for improved page loading
Style and Demos for Alpine Phototile for Instagram
Quick Start Guide
- After installing the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin on your WordPress site, make sure it is activated by logging into your admin area and going to Plugins in the left menu.
- Before using the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin, you must authorize your WordPress website to access your Instagram account by adding a user. This can be done by going to Settings->AlpineTile: Instagram->Add User and following the directions on the page.
- To add the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin to a sidebar, go to Appearance->Widgets in the left menu.
- Find the rectangle labeled Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress. Click and drag the rectangle to one of the sidebar containers on the right.
- Once you drop the rectangle in a sidebar area, it should open to reveal a menu of options. The only required information for the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin to work is a Username. Select an available ID and click save in the right bottom corner of the menu.
- Open another page/window in your web browser and navigate to your WordPress site to see how the sidebar looks with the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress included.
- Play around with the various styles and options to find what works best for your site.
Since version 1.0.1, the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin has included a simple caching function that will store the results of an Instagram feed for 3 hours. This function offers a significant performance boost since during this time, only one visitor will even experience the short load delay caused by fetching and parsing an Instagram feed. The caching time can be adjusted on the Alpine Phototile for Instagram wordpress plugin’s settings page.